Fate of Dispersed Oil under Ice
- Literature review to determine availability of suitable modelling data
- Model selection
- Tank tests to estimate or measure turbulence generated by the propeller wash of large, ice-capable vessels.
- Collection of new data required to run and validate the model; primary needs are field data of natural under-ice turbulence, water current profiles, water column CTD measurements, tidal measurements, and under ice roughness scans
- Dye spreading experiments
- Modelling of surface and subsurface dispersant use scenarios
- Reporting and submission of manuscripts to peer reviewed journals